I plan on posting more. Really. At least until I forget all about it.
In honor of the new leaf I've flipped over, I got rid of the colorful page theme and the fucking mangoes and have a simple white on black thing going. Nothing against mangoes, there's no fruit I'd rather have a consensual sexual relationship with, but it's time to move on.
Life updates. Some good, some not so:
1. writing's going well. Have been published three times, paid twice, for short stories. See previous entries for links. Have gotten some very positive feedback on my story, "The Lizard Pit," which was published in the first issue of Necrotic Tissue.
Go to their site and download the .pdf. Registration is free, and the quality of artwork was a real surprise. Seriously, check it out. Unless you're scared.
2. writing's not going well. My attention span seems to be down to about 12 seconds. I have several million uncompleted stories - very frustrating. Maybe I should get a ritalin prescription.
3. weird year, familywise. My parents are living together after over three years. It's a long strange tale, yet somehow I'm feeling good about the situation. At least I can keep track of them when they're under one roof, and the costs are lower.
4. my in-laws are not doing as well, coping with Alzheimer's and other issues, including the hospitalization of Granddad for what we've just found out is cancer. Not a good situation, but we're hoping for the best.
5. must face facts that my kid is, well, a very smart kid. At ten, he reads at the eleventh grade level, and has tested off the scale on math and everything else. He's kind, affectionate and very, very quirky. A delightful challenge.
6. Work sucks, but it's survivable. I keep my head down and trudge forward.
7. Life in South Florida remains weird as ever. Thank the lord for that, it's a continual inspiration. (As my next post will illustrate... stay tuned.)
Happy new year, and feliz a˜o, citizens.